A Community Hero is someone who demonstrates a commitment to making a difference in their community, and whose work, project or volunteerism serve as a model in their community, including but not limited to:
- Devoting a commitment to the betterment of their community
- Proving a measurable difference has been made by their efforts within their community; and
- Demonstrating a commitment to devoting more time to making a difference in their community.
Unfortunately not – eligible Participants must be nominated by a third party.
How do I nominate someone for the Canada’s Walk of Fame Community Hero Program (Presented by MLSE and Scotiabank)?still eligible to enter?
To nominate your Community Hero, you need to fill out the submission form here.
While we do recognize and understand that there are Community Heroes over the age of 30, this specific Program is only open to nominees who, at the start of the Program on September 27, 2021, are 30 years old and under.
Eligible participants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or Indigenous residents in Canada, and who meet the Conditions of Entry. Please review all Conditions of Entry in the Rules and Regulations in the embedded link above.
Absolutely! Just make sure to let us know that they are aware of their nomination in the submission form.
We ask that you only submit one nomination for the Canada’s Walk of Fame Community Hero Program (Presented by MLSE and Scotiabank).
The submission form requires:
- The nominee’s full details, including their full name, age and birthdate;
- A full description of their project (including any articles / links if available);
- A description of their impact; and
- Up to two (2) letters of recommendation
They are not mandatory, however we encourage any additional information that will help the judges select the 2021 Community Hero.
If you have found a problem with your entry, we are not able to make any changes to it. You will need to re-enter with the correct information before the submission deadline and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the incorrect entry removed from the contest before the submission period ends.
Submissions open Monday, September 27 at 10:00 AM ET and close Friday, October 29th, 2021 at 10 PM ET.
When will the winner of the Canada’s Walk of Fame Community Hero Program (Presented by MLSE and Scotiabank) be announced?
The winner will be announced before the end of 2021.
There is one (1) Grand Prize Winner. The prizing is as follows:
- A Ten Thousand Dollar ($10,000 CAN) donation to a charity of the Winner’s choice;
- Announcement and Recognition of the Community Hero Winner on national 2021 Broadcast;
- Two (2) tickets to attend the December 4th, 2021 Awards and Gala (includes Red Carpet, Pre-Show Reception, Broadcast Gala, Post-Show Reception), including
- Airfare and accommodations for two (2) individuals to the Inductee Gala weekend in Toronto;
- Recognition at the Gala or Dinner with the potential to be included on the 2021 broadcast and introduced by a meaningful presenter; and
- Commemorative Statuette;
- Recognized on CWOF’s website, Instagram / Social Media pages;
- Recognition on Scotiabank’s website and social media pages;
- CWOF to solicit media coverage for the Winner and their organization. *Note: Media coverage is at the sole discretion of each outlet and not a guarantee.
- CWOF to organize all media outreach for the Winner to participate in interviews which will be used promote his or her cause.
- Special recognition will be made in a full-page ad in the National Post (PostMedia);
- Mentorship between Winner and either a past Inductee, board member or significant Canadian Hero who can help them with his or her cause; and
- All flights, hotels and meals will be covered by CWOF and CWOF partners for Community Hero events that require travel
- Dedicated Canada’s Walk of Fame Community Hero profile page on the CWOF communityhero.ca website.
Once you get to the confirmation screen of our entry form and receive an email confirmation (please check your junk mail), you will have successfully entered your nomination.
Of course, however we do ask that you check the following before reaching out:
- Please ensure that you have filled out all required fields. This includes checking the boxes that confirm your age and that you’ve read the rules and regulations prior to submitting.
- Please ensure you have a good and stable internet connection.
- Please ensure there isn’t a loading icon beside or below the submit button.
Send us an email at: email@example.com with Community Hero Program Inquiry in the subject line.